Welcome the warm weather with this lively blue tropical punch drink
Bigger is definitely better this summer, and we’re not just talking butts. We’re talking cocktails. Say goodbye to dainty cocktail glasses and hello to your new best friend this summer: fishbowls. Yes, we said fishbowls. A hand picked blend of fruit-flavored liquors, delectable juices, and Swedish Fish candy will send your tastebuds swimming. Not to mention, it’ll make you feel like you’re sipping straight out of the Great Barrier Reef — if the fish were made of candy and the salt made of alcohol, of course. Top it off with bright bendy straws that, with an imaginative mind, mimic the beauty of coral reefs. These fish-themed cocktails are delicious, fun, and most importantly, 25 times bigger than your typical cocktail. For first-timers, we recommend a friend or two to aid with the journey; unless, of course, you routinely drink a gallon’s worth of cocktails at once!
Fish bowls make the perfect summer treat, whether you’re on the beach already, or looking for a drink that’ll transport you there. Share them with friends on a hot summer day, or have one all to yourself — we’re not judging!
- 10 oz vodka
- 10 oz coconut rum
- 6 oz blue Curacao liqueur
- 12 oz sweet-and-sour mix
- 20 oz pineapple juice
- 32 oz lemon-lime soda
- Blue food coloring
- (if desired)
- 3 small fish bowls (each holding 4-5 cups volume)
- Swedish Fish™ candies
- Ice (enough to fill the bowls)
- Lemon, lime and orange slices, for garnish
- Drinking straws
- Mix liquors, sweet-and-sour mix, pineapple juice and soda in a large container. Cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add ice, and arrange the fish and orange slices around the outsides of the fishbowls, using the ice to hold the fish in place against the glass.
- Carefully add the punch mixture, dividing equally between bowls, and enjoy!