No Beach Necessary
A predominantly sweet drink, this eye catching cocktail will make you think of paradise no matter the weather. It may get a bad rep as the “Malibu Barbie”, but no one can deny its popularity. Served over ice, it is fruity, refreshing and too easy to sip on. Though typically served in a hurricane glass, any will do. Two cherries and a pineapple chunk on a toothpick make the perfect garnish to extend the sunset a little bit longer. The cherries will give an extra burst of sweetness while a pineapple chunk will absorb the cocktail for a bold final bite. Orange slices are another bright and tangy option, even as an extra splash. Any fresh fruit lovers can opt to blend or juice their own pineapple or oranges for a more tart flavor. Enjoy one whatever the occasion before summer ends, even if it is a short-lived getaway.
• 1/4 cup Malibu rum with coconut liqueur
• 1/2 cup pineapple juice
• 2 Tbsp grenadine (to make the bottom of the glass red)
• 2 maraschino cherries
• 1 slice of pineapple
– Put 3-4 ice cubes in the bottom of a glass.
– Pour the pineapple juice and the rum over the ice.
– Pour the grenadine slowly down one side of the glass (pouring too fast will mix the grenadine in and you won’t get the color separation).
– Stick 2 cherries and a pineapple chunk on a toothpick for a garnish. Enjoy!